Sunday, September 20, 2009

My 1st Virginia Tech Football Game - GO HOKIES!

Yesterday I got to go to my first Virginia Tech football game and boy was it exciting! Alright I'll admit it....I slept thru a lot of it and actually got a little fussy towards the end which means Mommy & I missed the game winning play....sorry Mommy (and Aunt Gina and Vanessa) but everyone filled me in on what happened and we've seen highlights a couple of times. That guy sure was running for the touchdown, running for the touchdown....running, running, running...um, Mommy and I practice running for the touchdown, for those of you that didn't know. So I was pretty bummed we missed that BUT in my defense...who wouldn't have gotten fussy...our offense was struggling folks, you can't deny it. But they pulled out the win in the end...GO HOKIES!

Before the game I supervised everyone loading the car for the tailgate....wanted to make sure no one left anything important behind. It was a beautiful day to spend out side. I hung out with Mommy, Daddy, PaPa, Nana, Great Uncle David, cousins Cali and Davis, my Aunts Gina, Holly & Jaime (Brooke had to go to a wedding...who gets married on a football weekend?), Vanessa, Daniel and several of their friends and family joined us as well.


I'm ready for the game....GO HOKIES!


We even had a couple of Cornhuskers at our tailgate because we respect the opponent and they were pretty cool.


Aunt Holly put a big ol' piece of corn on her head....it was a little strange but funny!

Here I am with PaPa and Nana.....I noticed a lot of people were drinking out of bottles at the tailgate but they weren't exactly like mine....hmmm...


I sat with Mommy, Aunt Gina and Vanessa at the game. We had great seats and everyone around us was really nice. Mommy said everyone commented on what a great job I did for the whole game. Here I am with Mommy...isn't my hat great?!?! I'm a little stressed with our performance on offense here if you can't tell.


The game definitely stressed me out. In fact I couldn't even watch at times!



Mommy kept me up to date on the Hokies performance while I ate...come on offense let's get something going here! You can't drop those passes guys!!!!



I did cheer hard for a while but I just got a little worn out. I was still cheering in my sleep though!



But the Hokies pulled out a win in the end.



We were in the parking lot and saw the CROWD.....GO....WILD!!!! It was awesome! Mommy, Gina and Vanessa were jumping around and giving everyone high fives! GO TECH GO!!!!!

PaPa and Nana told me all about how the crowd rushed the field...Mommy said we wouldn't have done it even if we had stayed because it wouldn't have been very safe for us...but maybe someday!



So all in all my first game experience was terrific! I was really tired when we got home and slept really well last night. Mommy and Daddy told me that this weekend we play Miami and that they are a big rival. I hope the Hokies do well....Mommy & Daddy told me I would get to go to the game so I will be there to cheer them on!


I AM SO EXCITED!!!! GO HOKIES!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

What a CUTE post...love it! "respect the moment, the opponent..." :) And you're right Gordon, who the heck gets married on a game weekend, ok, besides me, but it was a crappy game I picked, not a huge one! kisses to lil G! See you at Miami! Aunt Brooke