After a while all the people gathered in the living room and watched Isabelle tear open all the packages that were wrapped in paper and in bags. Mommy said they were her birthday presents and that she got to keep all of them. We gave her a travel aquadoodle - I think she liked it a lot. Her Mommy and Daddy got her a kitchen set, she really was excited about it!


After all the packages were open everyone got together and sang some song that had the words Isabelle, Birthday, Happy and you in it....I'm not exactly sure of the order. Then Isabelle made this light on a big block of something that people eventually ate go out by blowing on it.
Mommy later explained that this was Isabelle's birthday (the song was Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Isabelle....that makes sense) and that we celebrated it each year. The things people brought wrapped in paper and bags were gifts. And when you sang you put the name of the kid in the song...I get it. Then everyone eats this stuff called cake that has this sweet stuff on it called icing, which is apparently delicious. It is a time to celebrate when someone was born and became part of the family.
So I asked Mommy, just to make sure I had this whole concept straight....this happens each year and that means next year I will get to do it....

She said, yep we would have a party for me next year to celebrate when I was born and that our friends and family would come to visit me then....
High Five!

So now that I understand how this whole thing works I just wanted to finish with:
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Isabelle!!!!!
Happy Birthday to you!

1 comment:
Cute post, creative girl. :-)
Post a Comment