Friday, December 18, 2009

My 6th month check-up

So yesterday we had to go back to that doctor's office place for another check up for me. I was brave and a did a great job but I sure don't like the end of those visits. I had to get 4 shots and those suckers hurt!!!!! I cried but recovered pretty quickly and was ready to go home and take a nap after it was all over. Mommy and Daddy told me I did a great job though. They gave me the shots in my thighs and they are still a little sore today. Between teething, being a little congested from the cold weather and dealing with the side effects of my shots I was not my happy self this morning when I woke up. Mommy considered keeping me home (I think she might have been leaning towards a mental health day for herself) but I was playing and ready to bounce this morning after I had a bottle so we headed to daycare. We are supposed to get a bunch of snow this afternoon so it might close early! Daddy will probably pick me up early anyway since he worked early this morning. I'll be glad to go home and relax some more.

Other than the shots my visit went well. The doctor said I was progressing along well. She wanted me to hold this wood flat stick thing...it wasn't as fun to play with as my rattle or even my spoon. I'm 29 and 1/4 inches long.....that is almost 7 inches longer than when I was born! The doctor said I was off the charts for height! I now weigh 18 pounds and 4 ounces, so I have more than doubled my birth weight and am in good shape. And my head is still getting bigger, guess I am still draining Mommy's brain power....ha, ha, ha, ha!

No comments: