Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Catching up!

Okay - I have been terrible about updating this blog and this doesn't not set a good precedence for future posts. So....here we go. All of our travels for the holidays went well and we enjoyed seeing everyone. It is a lot of fun to see all the nieces and nephews get excited about Christmas and the surprised looks they have on their faces when they would rip off the wrapping paper (even if it is just to the extent of announcing "ITS A BOX!!!") Since we've returned we've gotten some things done around the house in preparation for the Petry dish's arrival - including moving the desk out of the soon-to-be nursery. I think we'll start trying to get some ideas together for exactly how we want to decorate the room in the next few weeks.

Gabe had several weeks off work (lucky) and has now started back to his regular schedule - which includes Sundays for now but hopefully not for long. I've been back at work and will be starting a class for my PHR (Professional in Human Resources) certification on Monday. I am feeling pretty good with the exception of some aches and pains (back and shoulders) and not sleeping well - which is really frustrating). Our next doctor's appointment is Tuesday, January 27th. I suspect if we wanted to know the sex of the baby we'd be able to find out then but we are holding strong on waiting.

I think that Katie (our sweetheart of a dog who Gabe has had since she was a puppy)suspects something is up. She pretty much stays by my side anytime I am home and is curious anytime we get something baby related. She's got an obsession with stuffed animals so that will be an interesting challenge to overcome (her toys vs. the baby's).

My last bit of news was that I felt the baby kick yesterday which was amazing. I could feel the baby move around inside for quite sometime (sort of a flutter feeling)but had yet to experience the feeling of having my hand on my stomach and feeling movement. Of course as soon as I called Gabe over to see if he could feel anything the baby stopped moving. I'm sure we'll have plenty more opportunities in the upcoming months though.

No comments: