Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Hokie Nation remembers 4-16-07

Today the Hokie Nation remembers the victims of 4-16-07. This morning we took part in a 3.2 mile walk/run to honor the 32 victims. Prior to the walk starting there was a moment of silence and 32 white balloons were released. All 32 balloons appeared to stay in a group as they floated up higher and higher into the sky.



At the start of the walk participants released maroon and orange balloons.


As much as I would have liked to run the event it obviously wasn't very feasible or wise for me to do so at 32 weeks pregnant. Gabe, Joli, Karey, Dean, Kelly, Sherri, Jen and I completed the 3.2 miles in about an hour. It was a great experience and amazing to see the Hokie Community once again pull together. Over 4000 people took place in the 3.2 mile event. There are several images on the VT website if you want to check it out.

http://www.weremember.vt.edu/2009-events/photos/2009-04-16-gallery.html


Here are a couple of ours:


Gabe and I after the walk


Joli and I after the walk.

Brooke and I weren't able to meet up at the event this morning but we met and walked over to the drillfield for lunch to watch the ceremony at noon.



We remember.....

No comments: