Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Counting....to the number 5!

We're officially counting....to the number five!!!!!!

The little man has always enjoyed counting - we count the stairs as we go up or down. We count kisses and blankets or "tee-tees" as the little man affectionately calls them. Memaw came to visit during her spring break a few weeks ago and the little man and her started a new counting activity that he is very fond of .....counting cars. A couple of nights ago Gordon and I sat on the front stoop and counted cars as they went by. He was a great look-out.



Here he is showing the number of cars we saw.....five - 5 cars...ah-ha-ha!

Last night we finished up dinner and Gordon was having a few cinnamon cookies for dessert....suddenly I noticed that he was lining them up and saying "3, 4, 5" Then he looked up at me with the biggest grin on his face. He then proceeded to pick up the cookies one at a time and count "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" Gabe and I just looked at one another and said "Wow - he just counted those all by himself!" It was a proud moment.....a very proud moment.

He then proceeded to eat them...of course. Don't worry I wasn't going to put them in a sandwich bag and store them in a memory box....come on now.

1 comment:

Hope said...

Wow! That's awesome! He's not even 2 yet and already counting. Smart little guy!